Here are the stories I put in my coffee this morning.
- Jesus Doesn’t Love You Like That
Softly and tenderly tip-toeing around the doors of our heart, giving his life to give us a chance, crossing his fingers that we will invite him into our lives… no, Jesus doesn’t love us like that.
- Union with Christ: A Matter of Spiritual Life and Death
Apart from union with Christ, it is impossible to receive any of the saving blessings of God. Not even the cross and the empty tomb can save us unless we are joined to Jesus Christ.
- A Clear and Present Danger: Religious Liberty, Marriage, and the Family in the Late Modern Age — An Address at Brigham Young University
In retrospect, the Postmodern Age was not a new age at all, only the alarm that announced the Late Modern Age. Modernity has not disappeared. It has only grown stronger, if also more complex.
- What Did Jesus Mean When He Said We Would Do Greater Work Than He Did?
I can’t think of any more serious delusion than that, that somebody would actually think they have exceeded Jesus in terms of the works he has done. There’s nobody who comes close to the work that Jesus did.
- A Whole World Hangs on a Word
To believe this changes everything. You live in a different world if you believe this. We will be discovering the wonders of this world for all eternity.